Problem scenario: You want to use Oracle VirtualBox or some other hosted hypervisor with your HP Probook laptop. You need "Virtualization Technology (VTx)" enabled. How do you do this?
1. Boot up. When you see the "HP" splash screen (a blue image with a black background), press F10.
2. At the prompt, "Log in as a Guest User" choose "Yes." (This step may be crucial to your success.)
3. Go to the Advanced tab.
4. Go to "device Configurations"
5. Check the box for "Virtualization Technology (VTx)"
6. Click Save.
7. Exit and save the changes whenever you are prompted.