You want to install UiPath Studio CE to test out RPA on a Windows 2016 Server. How do you get a free version of UiPath (e.g., Studio CE)?
You will have to agree to this agreement on UiPath's website if you want to use the product.
For this test, we recommend at a minimum 1 CPU at 2.3 Ghz and 2.25 GB of RAM. This will not be a high performing machine, but it will minimally help you with a proof of concept. It is strongly recommended to have 2 CPUs and more memory.
1. Open I.E. If you are prompted, you may want to accept the recommended settings.
2. Go to the gear icon in the upper righthand corner. Go to "Internet Options."
3. Go to Security tab and then click on "Local Intranet."
4. Click on the "Sites" button.
5. Enter this text with no quotes "http://download.uipath.com/" and click "Add".
6.a. In I.E., browse to this URL: http://download.uipath.com/UiPathStudioSetup.exe
6.b. To the option that comes up, choose "Run"
7. You will eventually see "Welcome to UiPath Studio." Click "Start Free".
8. Enter an email address in the prompt that asks for it. Click "Activate".
9. To the prompt about "Content from the website listed below is being blocked..." click Close.
11. You are done. The following steps are optional to harden your Windows Server. Go to the gear icon in the upper righthand corner. Go to "Internet Options."
12. Go to Security tab and then click on "Local Intranet."
13. Find the "http://download.uipath.com/" URL and remove it.