(For the DevOps and ETL Quiz, click here.)
1. What is an iterator in Python?
A) A stream of data that is manipulated or interacted with as an object.
B) A function that returns a namespace.
C) A module of nested objects.
D) A function that returns packages.
2. Which module in Python allows you to translate strings to and from binary formats?
3. Which of the following is a Rich Internet Application toolkit?
4. Which of the following provides an interface to AWS?
5. How does Python store an error?
A) As a static variable inside the interpreter
B) It normally uses an operating system environmental variable. But if there were too many arguments, it writes to a buffer outside the interpreter.
C) Inside a pseudo class file (.pyc) in /tmp/
D) It raises the error to the exception logger outside of the interpreter
E) In the internal sqlite database
6. What does the yield keyword do in Python?
A) It is a CPython mechanism to synchronize threads.
B) A reserved word to control the flow of execution to support conditional logic with Python generators.
C) A reserved word that pauses a function from parsing named tuples
D) It sets null points to evaluate as zeroes in arithmetic operations.
7. Which of the following can allow for non-destructive testing of whether an exception has been set?
A) pyyaml and pypy modules
8. If you are receiving an error with a Python program that attempts to connect to a network resource with SSL, there is a way to avoid an error. This error is '"SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED" Error'
One workaround involves these two lines of Python code:
ssl._create_default_https_context = ssl._create_unverified_context
Which of the following most nearly addresses the two-line solution:
A) The solution makes the Python program more secure.
B) The solution makes use of the sys library.
C) The solution is very inadvisable.
D) The solution would never work.
9. What is a generator in Python?
A) Any class that is a factory design pattern.
B) A reserved word that is a parent class of all iterators in the program.
C) An object that controls the CPU of the Python Just-In-Time compiler.
D) A function that has a yield statement and returns an iterator.
10. Which two of the following add to thread safety in Python (so different threads do not modify data to have unexpected results)?
B) global interpreter lock
C) trash collection
H) list comprehension
I) Pythonic sequence
J) object slice
11. When trying to install pycrypto you run this:
python setup.py build
and you receive an error like this "warning: GMP or MPIR library not found; Not building Crypto.PublicKey._fastmath." What does it mean?
A) You cannot proceed with installing pycrypto; the installation has been aborted.
B) You can proceed with installing pycrypto; the installation may still work.
C) You have a Python Fabric vulnerability
D) A German edition of pycrypto was already installed and you may or may not be able to proceed.
12. How Do You Find the Version of Tornado (python-tornado) on a RedHat server?
>>> print python-tornado.version_info
>>> import tornado
>>> print tornado.version_info
C) which python-tornado
D) python-tornado --version
13. What does GIL stand for?
A) Gears Interpreting Language
B) Good Invention Language
C) Global Interpreter Lock
D) Generate Interprocess Loquitur
E) Global Instant Lookup
14. Where does the "kw" come from or mean in the **kwargs you see in Python error messages and/or code?
A) kilowatt (wildcard kilowatt arguments)
B) You hear stars on the radio. Radio stations on the West Coast of the U.S. traditionally have call signs that start with the letter "k," and radio stations on the East Coast have call signs that start with the letter "w." For a radio button to appear in a GUI written in Python, there needs to be arguments.
D) keep working
15. How many different directory locations does the "import" command look to for a .py file when invoked?
D) Often several but it depends
16. True or False? A function in Python has to have a return statement.
17. What is a common way (as of 2019) to start a new thread in Python assuming the proper module has been imported? Choose two.
A) nameofthread = Thread(nameoffunction)
B) nameofthread = start_new(nameoffucntion)
E) nameofthread = newthread()
18. What percentage of data types and classes in Python are objects?
*** For answers, see this link. ***