1. Which is one of the five pillars of a well-architected AWS framework?
a. Archived versions (of IaC)
b. Disaster Recovery
d. Performance Efficiency
e. None of the above
2. Signature version 4 is which of the following?
a. A certificate file from Amazon Web Security.
b. An SSL public key for AWS.
c. An SSL private key for AWS.
d. It is the AWS HTTP authentication method that combines the access key ID and secret access key.
Answer: D. Source:
3. For dependencies of an AWS Lambda layer, how many layers are allowed?
Answer: C. Source https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/configuration-layers.html
4. How many parameters can be passed to a CloudFormation template?
Answer: C. Source: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/faqs/
5. What is Fn in CloudFormation templates?
Answer: Fn is the syntax to refer to different intrinsic functions. These functions do various things such as return values during CloudFormation operations. There is a cfn-init command that is part of AWS CloudFormation. Apparently the cfn stands for CloudFormation. To learn more, click here.
6. What percentage of professional hours of a migration project for an application into AWS is normally spent on testing?
Answer: D. Source page 7 of https://d0.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/Migration/migrating-applications-to-aws.pdf
7. Which of the six Rs (for an AWS Migration) is described as "drop-and-shop"?
Answer: C. Source: Page 13 of https://d1.awsstatic.com/Migration/migrating-to-aws-ebook.pdf
8. Which of the six Rs (for an AWS Migration) is described as "lift-and-shift"?
Answer: A. Source: Page 13 of https://d1.awsstatic.com/Migration/migrating-to-aws-ebook.pdf
9. Which three of the following are not part of the five phases of a migration that AWS recommends (per their five-phase migration process diagram)?
a. Migration Preparation & Business Planning
b. Quality Assurance
c. Portfolio Discovery & Planning
e. Migration & Validation
f. Quality of service testing
g. Application Design
Answer: B, D, F. Source page 8 of https://d1.awsstatic.com/Migration/migrating-to-aws-ebook.pdf
10. Which of the six Rs (for an AWS Migration) is described as "lift-tinker-and-shift"?
Answer: B. Source: Page 13 of https://d1.awsstatic.com/Migration/migrating-to-aws-ebook.pdf
11. Is RDS an example of a serverless AWS offering?
12. Is Lambda an example of a serverless AWS offering?
Answer: Yes. See https://aws.amazon.com/lambda/
13. An Amazon VPC can include which of the following?
b. routing rules
d. NACLs (network ACLs)
e. All of the above
f. None of the above
Answer: E. Source: Page 94 of Terraform Up & Running.
14. The WorkSpaces "Running Mode" dramatically affects which of the following?
a. The processing performance (i.e., CPU) of the WorkSpace itself.
b. The memory performance (i.e., RAM) of the WorkSpace itself.
c. The duration the WorkSpace will be available to you.
d. None of the above.
Answer: C. Source: https://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/pricing/
You must buy an entire month of the WorkSpace if you configure the WorkSpace's "Running Mode" as an "AlwaysOn". Early cancellations will not allow you to save money if you use it for even one minute.
15. What is a Change Set in CloudFormation?
Answer: It is the difference between a deployed stack and a new desired state for the stack. Change sets allow you to preview the changes to the stack. They can be a dry run or something to be executed.
16. What is the difference between a template and a stack in CloudFormation?
Answer: A stack is a deployed set of IaaS and/or PaaS components in AWS that usually is configured to interact with itself in a useful way. A template is a JSON or YAML file used to deploy a stack.
17. VPCs are referred to as what in AWS when you are configuring an EC-2 instance?
e. Isolation chambers
Answer: C. When you configure a new EC-2 instance, the Step 3's title is "Configure Instance Details". There is a "Network" drop down menu next to a link "Create new VPC."
18. What is a Lambda layer?
a. A line of code in a Lambda function
b. A Lambda used by another Lambda
c. A Lambda that creates one or more VPCs
d. None of the above.
Answer: D. Source: