You want to create a Windows server in Google Cloud Platform. How do you do this?
1. Log into Google Cloud Platform.
2. Click the hamburger icon in the upper left hand corner (the icon with three horizontal bars stacked onto each other).
3. Go to Compute Engine -> VM Instances
4. Click "Create Instance"
5. Fill out the options you want. Under "Boot disk" click "Change." Remember that Windows Core has no GUI desktop. It is a command line version of Windows (with just a character prompt). For a more common Windows server, you may want to use the Windows Server 2016 with the Desktop Experience.
6. Click "Create".
7. Wait for it to finish being created. When you want to log into it, click the black arrow pointing down under the "Connect" column.
8. Click "Set Windows password".
9. Enter the username for which you want to change the password for. (Remember this username for later.) Then click "Set."
10. Copy the password.
11. Open Remote Desktop (e.g, open a command prompt and type "mstsc.exe" with no quotes and press enter).
12. Enter the external IP address of the VM.
13. Enter the username and password involved above.