You want to use the AWS Management Console to create a server. What do you do?
This assumes you have already configured a .ppk file, and you know its password. If you need assistance, see this posting.
- Log into the AWS management console (aws.amazon.com).
- Go to the EC2 Dashboard.
- Click "Launch instances"
- Find "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8…" and choose "Select"
- Choose the various options, and then click "Next…". Often the default settings work -- except for the "Configure Security Group" setting. Find the appropriate Security Group and click "Review and Launch".
- Click "Launch". To the pop up, choose "Select a key pair" associated with the .pem file that created the .ppk file for which you know the password.
- Click "I acknowledge that I have access…", and click "Launch instances".