Understanding CloudBolt’s Errors

Problem Scenario
In CloudBolt (the Cloud Management Platform), you run a job to create a server.  The job stops progressing.  The GUI shows "Failed Order ... provisioning nameOfServer" with a bar that has the left most 5% red and the rest of the 95% gray.  What do you do to create the server?

The server may be created; there may have been a small error when the job ran.  CloudBolt's error messages can be cryptic.  Depending on the configuration, the server could have been deleted.  But that is not necessarily the outcome associated with the error described in the "Problem Scenario."  Go to the underlying hypervisor (e.g., VMware) and see if a server was created to your specifications.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *