1. Most security vulnerabilities are from new or previously unknown problems. True or False?
2. What is one of the protocols IPsec uses to secure IP layer communications?
3. What is defense in depth (or DiD)?
a. A type of highly-secure cryptography for data at rest.
b. A type of highly-secure cryptography for data in transit.
c. Both of the above.
Continue reading “Security Quiz”
(This quiz does not cover object-oriented programming or sorting algorithms. For a Python quiz, see this.)
1. What is a sink in a directed graph?
2. What is the difference between a vertex and a node?
3. Space complexity of a program, or its memory usage requirements, are often irrelevant compared to the computational complexity of the solution.
Continue reading “Miscellaneous Programming Quiz”
1. What of the following requires the most memory space?
a. Quick Sort
b. Bubble Sort
c. Merge Sort
d. Insertion Sort
e. Selection Sort
2. What sorting algorithm is canonically the best for data sets that cannot reside in memory (and must be persisted to disk)?
a. Radix sort
b. Bubble sort
c. Insertion sort
d. Selection sort
Continue reading “Sorting Algorithms Quiz”
1. What are the three types of design patterns?
2. As a recommended practice in OOP, which is preferred?
a. Object composition
b. Class inheritance
c. Programming to an implementation
d. none of the above
3. Polymorphism happens at which time?
a. Compile time
b. Run time
c. Both of the above
Continue reading “Object-Oriented Programming Quiz”
1. Which is one of the five pillars of a well-architected AWS framework?
a. Archived versions (of IaC)
b. Disaster Recovery
d. Performance Efficiency
e. None of the above
2. Signature version 4 is which of the following?
a. A certificate file from Amazon Web Security.
b. An SSL public key for AWS.
c. An SSL private key for AWS.
Continue reading “AWS Quiz”
Test your knowledge of Terraform. (Updated on 1/7/22.)
1. What is the remote state in Terraform?
2. What underlying tools support the Terraform Application Layer?
a. Java and C++
b. C++ and C
c. Ruby on Rails and Go
d. Groovy and Grails
e. Python, Apache Tomcat, and Maven
f. Flask and Python
g. Perl and Nginx
Continue reading “Terraform Quiz”
This is a quiz about containers, Docker, and Kubernetes — but mostly about Kubernetes. You can test yourself before a job interview. You may also want to see this list of Kubernetes books.
1. cgroups govern which of the following resources (choose all that apply)?
d. Disk I/O rates
2. What does the Docker cache do?
Continue reading “Kubernetes Quiz”
Big Data Quiz
1. What does EDH stand for?
a. Enterprise Data Hub
b. Extract Develop Hadoop
c. Extract Decide Haul
d. Extract Data Hadoop
2. Gartner, Informatica and MapR think “data lakes” should be referred to as what?
a. data warehouses
b. data dams
c. data mills
d. data reservoirs
3. MapReduce is to Hadoop as ___________ is to Spark
Continue reading “Big Data Quiz”
(For the DevOps and ETL Quiz, click here.)
1. What is an iterator in Python?
A) A stream of data that is manipulated or interacted with as an object.
B) A function that returns a namespace.
C) A module of nested objects.
D) A function that returns packages.
2. Which module in Python allows you to translate strings to and from binary formats?
Continue reading “Python Quiz”
Extract-Transform-Load workflows involve considerable architecture including a workflow over a network to take data from a flat file and ingest it into a database. Automation is one way to manage the ETL support system. DevOps Engineers commonly support database installations and configurations. DevOps engineers commonly support continual delivery pipelines. This automated process (involving automatic deployments) is often similar to automating an ETL process. DevOps engineering, build and release engineering, automation development, and ETL design are all interdisciplinary fields of information technology.
Continue reading “DevOps and ETL Quiz”